Monday, October 29, 2012

seamonsters/blast

Wherein he turns into the DOG and she turns into the MOON and they talk to each other for the first time in ages.

DOG: If I could say anything to you right now, I would probably overthink it and end up saying something I don't mean, so I will probably just try to lick you all over for a very long time, and it would be just very friendly that's all, and already I said too much because I was overthinking everything.

MOON: I have no idea where you are right now, and I'm feeling exactly the same way myself, and I guess that just figures when you weigh out all the weight of the years between us.

DOG: It's not years, just months, which might be close to dog years, but it's not years, I mean, look at us, we're so young.

MOON: I feel very old, you have no idea.  And you can't lick the moon, I'm sorry, but you just can't.

DOG: Then I would ask you to sneak into my room through the curtains and you could lie down for awhile, just long enough to get away from all the people and dogs like myself who are looking at you and wishing things from you, because I know you're tired and need to rest.

MOON: You wouldn't leave me alone, it would be messy and complicated.

DOG: You're right, that's very true.

MOON: I wish I got bolder the older I get, just like you.

DOG: I don't know if I'm bolder, I'm just hungry, I just missed you, that's all.

MOON: I wish I didn't change my mind all the time, but that's what I do.

DOG: I noticed that.

MOON: You're always the same.

DOG: I don't think that's really true.

MOON: You always know what you want, and it's never complicated.

DOG: I don't think that's true, I don't think that's true at all, I just miss you and I don't know what to do with you, because you're here and I can't touch you, just like every moon I ever loved, but the next moon who comes and stays will want to stay for a long time, because I've rearranged the furniture and made room, and that's probably just enough, and there's a space through the curtain, that's perfect for you, you'll fit through if you come.

MOON: That's what you have to say to the moon.

DOG: Yes.  If you come, there's room, you'll fit, if you come, that's what I want to tell the moon, there's room.

And it's already so very very late.

No comments:

MANIFESTO OF CROSSED ONTOLOGIES Everybody (and by everybody I don ’ t mean everybody I think I mean one person, and I mean you, in par...