Tuesday, July 22, 2008

mystomachhurts

This is a projection for my stomach, it's a couple tunnels on both sides of the Danube, I think the title probably says enough. It's part of the x series of works, more than likely the "xo_xy," version, but I might end up doing this somewhere here, somewhere in an inappropriate place with bright lighting, so the image will be invisible, but I'll stand somewhere with my shirt lifted. This is in part because last weekend's fair was filled inexplicably with men who had their shirts lifted, or pot bellies and writing on their shirts about their bellies. It's an interesting tradition, so I would be taking part in this performance of masculinity while trying to isolate and desegment its codes, as well as provide an invisible projection to suggest a poetic reality that is not accessible without the dark.

No comments:

MANIFESTO OF CROSSED ONTOLOGIES Everybody (and by everybody I don ’ t mean everybody I think I mean one person, and I mean you, in par...